Friday, September 19, 2014

A New Journey!

Wow, it has been so long since I last posted that I'm ashamed of myself. I began blogging with the best of intentions, however, quickly realized it was pulling too much time away from my family and dominating my life.  I needed to regather, come up with a better action plan, and focus my energy appropriately.  With that being said, I've also missed the creative outlet that blogging provided.  I'm going to try it again, only on a smaller scale. If people read what I post, that's great. If they don't, that's okay too.  This is as much for myself as it is for others, although I certainly hope to inspire others as well.

I am beginning a new journey!  This is probably the scariest thing I've ever done.  I'm embarking on a journey to get healthy.  I don't mean thin.  I don't mean a size 6.  I mean healthy in every aspect of the word. I want my body to function at max capacity.  I want my temple to be in good shape.  If I look better that's a bonus.  I KNOW I will feel better and I know the Lord will be pleased as long as I remain humble in my endeavors.  Here's the reality.  The reality is I am 41 years old, 45 lbs overweight, and I suffer from PCOS, hypoglycemia, and am trending towards and frequently tested for hypothyroid and diabetes.  I also have all the signs and symptoms of peri-menopause.   So I decided 8 months ago to take the steps necessary to begin changing my life.  My first step was to quit smoking--and I did.  I have been nicotine free for 6 months now and will never, ever, EVER pick up another cigarette for the rest of my life.  While that is fantastic, the downside is I gained 20 lbs (that I'd just lost I might add) quite rapidly.  About a month ago I decided to go back to my healthy way of eating, which is how I lost 20 lbs before.  I began tracking my calories, carbs, and fat grams on myfitnesspal.com and waited in eager anticipation for the weight to fly off, just as it always has.  The scales didn't move.  I added in intense cardio exercise 4-5 days a week doing step aerobics and various Denise Austin workouts. The scales didn't move.  I felt defeated, frustrated, and very angry.

After speaking with my best friend, I decided to try Do Terra's Slim and Sassy along with their Women's Phytoestrogen Complex, designed for women in perimenopause and menopause along with treating symptoms of PMS.  Finally, the scales did begin to move, but at a slower-than-normal pace.  But hey, at least there was movement right?  I also noticed my mood swings decreasing so that was a great blessing as well.  Unfortunately though, I still felt tired and sluggish most of the time.  And the scales still were slow to move.  I decided to add in another step to my journey--I purchased the Beachbody PiYo program to help with my severely jacked-up hips and knees, and to help burn fat and tone muscle. I also purchased a bag of Shakeology to see if it helps my energy levels at all.  I cannot spend the rest of my days feeling cranky and slugglish. Perhaps some added, balanced nutrition will help.  I normally don't buy into the idea of meal replacements, however, when I found that Shakeology is GMO free and very organic I changed my mind and decided to give it a try.

So that's where I am at today.  I am drinking my first cup of Shakeology right now as we speak.  I've done one workout with PiYo and LOVED it.  If nothing else, my tight hips and legs will thank me and so will my massage therapist and chiropractor. HAHA!  My intent is to journal on a regular basis and to share my journey.  I like the idea of accountability through my blog.  I want my energy back. I want to feel good again.  I no longer want to be that lazy, cranky mother and wife I've become.  I know with the Lord's help, I can do this and I may have to just be okay with very slow weightloss.  This is not going to be an easy journey, but I will persevere!

Here is the photo that has inspired me to make a change. Taken a month ago.
It's time for a change.  Bye bye old body, hello healthy new me!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment