Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Get Uncomfortable!

"And he said to them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest."
Luke 10:2


Today is going to be a good day!  Ever have one of those "good day" feelings where you wake up just knowing it's going to be fabulous?  Yep, that's me!  Despite the fact that I was awake until 1am I found myself naturally waking at 7:15 this morning, bright eyed and bushy tailed--ready to go workout. Prayer answered!  That's what I've been praying for. YAY!  I immediately got up and started my DVD and then was shocked when it was over.  The time just flew by AND I was able to finally, for the first time ever, doing all the exercises without a modifier or aid of a chair.  What an amazing feeling!  To really put the icing on on the cake I measured myself and I have lost 6 lbs and 7 1/2 total inches in just under 2 weeks. WHAAAT?!  That's incredible! Go PiYo and Shakeology!

Yesterday was equally wonderful too.  I went with a good friend and our children on a field trip to Compassion International where we learned about what it is like to live as a child in a 3rd world country.  I chose a sweet little girl named Eiti in Bangladesh to sponsor. The money donated by our household will ensure she can go to school, receive extra meals, and medical care as needed. She will also receive the gospel message. She lives in a country and town where it is 83% muslim, 16% hindu, and less than 1% Christian. It felt really good to do something so life changing for someone else and I will be praying for her and her family daily.

After my workout and taking a moment to admire Eiti's photo, I sat down for my morning Bible study.  I am reading in the book of Acts and read chapter 14 this morning.  I've read this chapter and book before, however, this morning something new struck me.  As I read the story of Paul's persecution, and how he was stoned and "supposed for dead" I thought about how passionately he worked to share and spread the gospel of Christ.  So passionately, that he was imprisoned.  He came back and preached anyways.  So passionately that he was beaten. He came back and preached anyways. So passionately that he was stone.  STONED!  Can you imagine the pain of being beat to death, or nearly to death in his case, with rocks and stones?  I wondered if he lost any teeth and then thought about how painful that must have been. I thought about how bruised he must have been. I thought about what it must have felt like to have large rocks thrown at his body with all the force a man can muster.  Can you imagine it?  Imagine how sore. Imagine how tired.  What did he do though?  He got up the very next day and went right back to preaching.  That is some serious perseverance. That is a serious love for Christ and an extreme heart for doing Kingdom work.

This caused me to pause and think--just how much am I doing for God's Kingdom? Sure, I teach at church on Wednesday nights and I sing and play piano, but do I get out there and spread God's word?  Do I go face to face with people and start talking to them about Christ? Do I approach strangers and step completely outside of my comfort zone to make certain that they know who Christ is? Sadly, the answer is "no".  Yes, I share Christ, but only within my comfort zone.

We live in a country where we can share the gospel message without fear of persecution beyond peer pressure.  We don't have to worry about being stoned to death for preaching the way Paul did. We don't have to fear being a Christian the way Eiti will in a muslim and hindu dominated country. People, it's time for us to step outside the box. It's time to get uncomfortable.  Facebook is a great way to share the Good News, but if that's you're only "ministry" then it's time to take it up a notch.  If you don't feel qualified then GET qualified. Read your Bible! Study to show thyself approved!  I don't know about you, but I'm ready to get uncomfortable and make some changes. People are dying. People are dying without knowing Christ. Unacceptable.

 "And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”"
Isaiah 6:8 


 "And he said to them, “Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.”"
Matthew 4:19 


 "Do you not say, ‘There are yet four months, then comes the harvest’? Look, I tell you, lift up your eyes, and see that the fields are white for harvest. Already the one who reaps is receiving wages and gathering fruit for eternal life, so that sower and reaper may rejoice together."
John 4:35-36


I pray that today, you find your courage. I pray the Lord consume you with the Holy Spirit to guide your heart, guide your mouth, and guide your actions.  I pray you be used for His Kingdom purposes.  May your today be as wonderful as your tomorrow.

NOW GO GET UNCOMFORTABLE!  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment