Thursday, July 4, 2013

Perseverance.........

Perseverance

I recently began toying with the idea of a blog.  While it is necessary to keep my internet time to a minimum, I also felt a blog would be a healing experience, another way to bring me closer to the Lord and to provide an outlet not only for myself, but for other moms as well.   I decided to list my blog under the name "Perseverance At Home".   I feel it is the most appropriate title that could possibly be given for such an endeavor because that's exactly what my life is.  Perseverance in the home.  Perseverance in raising my children to become what God would have them to be. To teach them to hear His small, still voice whether in the midst of trials, or in the midst of joy; and trials there will certainly be.  I've been going through them myself for many, many months.  Sometimes, it's good to have a reminder to persevere, and I know I cannot be the only mom out there who is struggling, so this post is for you--the discouraged mom.
Did you know there are at least 20 verses in the Bible that talk about perseverance?  Amazing!  That's a lot of "nuggets" to instill hope and faith.  My personal favorite, and the basis of this blog, is Romans 5:2-5 
"By whom we also have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us."

That, discouraged mom, is an amazing passage of scripture to commit to heart.  To glory and persevere even in the trials of the day is a difficult task for our feeble, worldly minds.   I challenge you today to find the glory and celebration available to you in the midst of your trials.  Praise God for all that is occurring, and remember that even though the situation may seem impossible to you, and perhaps more than you feel you can bear, He will not only provide you with strength to persevere, but He is also working for your good--whether you can see it or not.  Have faith, fight the good fight with patience and endurance.  Be still, and know that He is God.


No comments:

Post a Comment